Sorry for the play on words in the title. I just thought that Praha (Prague) deserved some attention after all the usage "Czech" gets.
I traveled to Prague for the weekend to visit a friend from my freshman hall (Jason Brenner) and to Czech out (oops, sorry again) Prague. It turned out that I wasn't the only one visiting Jason. In fact, over 7 Emory students were in Prague the same weekend to visit him. 3 of them were on my freshman hall (out of a freshman hall of 13, that's pretty good)! Really nice guys, but not my "normal" crowd. Needless to say, it wasn't my typical type of trip. I stayed with the guys in a rented apartment on Wenceslas Square (a great location and not very expensive). We went clubbing 2 out of the 3 nights I was there. The first was a true Bohemian/Central European club. The second had 5 different levels of dance floors and music. The 70s floor was my favorite even though they mixed in 50s, 60s, and 80s music ;) We saw some amazing sights, like the Castle, the Bridge, and the squares. We also ate at the best restaurants, such as a great Milanese ristorante (ironic, right?) and a bagel shop. On the final night, Jason and I went to a traditional Czech restaurant, which was remarkably similar to the one in my neighborhood back in Bratislava. I must say that the Potato Brownie they served is only for those with a strong stomach! Add in some crazy Emory women and bitter cold temperatures and it was very fun and memorable trip. After waking up at 4am Monday morning, I took public transit back to the airport (surprisingly good infrastructure) and flew back to Milan.
I was amazed at how cheap it is to live there. My friend is paying 450 USD for 4 months of housing, I pay 600 Euros for a month here! Granted, he's paying for a communist era double room, but it's still ridiculously low.
Next Stop: Morocco!
Friday, December 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sounds awesome. I'm jealous. I'm studying for my finals and you're traveling all over Europe!
Post a Comment